Thursday, December 7, 2017

Loon Lake Camp Retreat Part 5


Okay, this is the last segment of this for sure. I'm done with this after this post. In this post, I will talk about the bus trips and any extra facts. So away we go! 

Bus Trips

Going to Loon Lake:
  • Going there was a blast. I sat with my good friend Ryan and another friend, Justin, who was sitting across from me and was from elementary.
  • I chatted about old school stories with Justin, and things got a bit heated, but we laughed it off.
  • With Ryan, we talked about life and about Loon Lake, as he went there 3 times before.
  • About halfway through the trip, Justin slept for the rest of the bus ride.
  • As we got close to Loon Lake, Ryan and I talked about unlikely scenarios that might happen at camp, like for example, a bear running at you, or a serial killer was coming after you in the forest, or even having no phone with you and you need to find and call for help. The question would be, "What would you do if _____ happened?"
  • I enjoyed talking about stuff like this, as this reveals the person's personalities more, and that is good.
  • The bus ride was just under 2 hours long and it was partly cloudy.

Coming from Loon Lake:
  • This time, I sat with Gabriel. We chatted for a bit early on, but about 30 minutes in, I could tell that many people on my bus were quite sleepy (they didn't get enough sleep unlike yours truly), and people like Myles, Julian V., and Gabriel himself, slept through most of the ride.
  • Meanwhile, Myles gave me his 3DS and I played Smash 4 for a while.
  • Behind me, I occasionally chatted with Ryan/Darren T./Justin.
  • As the bus ride came to a close, I realized how important these bus rides were, that I could converse with friends and goof off at times.
  • The bus ride was 90 minutes long and was clear and sunny.

Extra Facts
  • This was my first time to Loon Lake.
  • It was colder than I thought there. I had to bundle up when we walked in the night.
  • I haven't played capture the flag in 3 and a half years until at Loon Lake.
  • I had orange juice as a drink 3/4 times in the meals.
  • It rained in the late afternoon and in the nighttime, and that made huge puddles on the ground. But it was sunny the next day!
  • I've only played Smash 4 on the 3DS three times after playing on Myles' 3DS.
  • The group discussions were intriguing in my opinion. I learn stuff every day, and I was sooo shocked about what some people said.
  • Some people did some wacky things, but I will say no more.
  • And Justin C, if you are are reading this, I didn't a letter to you because you scared me on the bus with something and you stole my toque (you gave it back though). :/
That is all I will write about this trip. Thanks for reading this 5 part series and have a great day. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want to, but no hate unless it is constructive criticism.