Friday, October 27, 2017

Wii Sports Club Review

Here's a review that I have done back in September 2016. It's called Wii Sports Club, and it was released on the Wii U in October 30, 2013. I do not own this game but I've played it for a bit, and I enjoyed playing the game.


Wii Sports Club is a throwback to Wii Sports, except it has more graphics and colour, and motion control is key to play and win at these sports and beat the CPU's. I will now review and grade the 5 sports.

Tennis

I really liked tennis in Wii Sports, and I still do in this game, but not as much. The Exclamation Mark hit really throws me off when I hit it late, but that was I how played in WS. Now it's a lot harder to score (for me). Also, you need to hit the ball with a backhand, which can be frustrating at times when you hit forehand, but it's showing how to play in real life. Hitting the ball is pretty accurate, and it could be fun playing multiplayer.
Grade: B-/C+

Baseball

This game has made the most improvement from WS. The fact that you get HOW and WHERE to pitch can be fun, and catching the ball is a plus, rather than a "Catch the ball CPU, or I lose because of an error for a double and a walk-off win goes to the opposition." Nothing much changed from WS (can't control a Double/Triple; can't make a double play. Extra tidbit: The announcer also changed!
Grade: A-

Golf

"Motion Controls are the future... (Sarcasm)
Wow! I don't know how I can get under par in Golf now!!! I thought Wii Sports Resort was bad, this is worse!!! But enough about my problems, let's talk about the scenery in the forest. I look at the horizon, and it's really good. Another compliment are the new golf courses. There's one course that you can go to three places and they all meet up in the centre at the end. That's cool if you play with 3-4 people and they all go different routes.
Grade B+

Bowling

I liked bowling in the first 2 Wii Sports games, and this bowling didn't disappoint me, either. This was fun the first time I played it in WSC, keeping my same technique from Wii Sports Resort, and I got a decent score. Motion control here is consistent, game goes fast, and the graphics are solid (nothing fancy and nothing dull).
Grade: B+ 

Boxing

I played this game the least out of the 5 games on here (WS and WSC), but it's fun to play as long as you don't get tired holding a Wiimote (nickname) and a nunchuck for a long time. This game is fun to play for the first time, because you just want to knock out your opponent ASAP, but it's all about counterattacks. By dodging, then looking for the opening, you should win games. The motion control is OK, because at times I thrust the controller 8 times, and it may only my opponent 4 times. One other thing I would recommend is the background. I wish I saw my miis in the crowd, not random miis. But the graphics are decent, and the hitting and dodging movement works good.
Grade: B/B-

Music: Nothing much to say about it, but it's funky and upbeat (My favourite tune is the "Choose your Mii")

Final Grade: 8/10
I hope you enjoyed this review of Wii Sports Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want to, but no hate unless it is constructive criticism.