Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Loon Lake Camp Retreat Part 2


Please read Loon Lake Camp Retreat Part 1 before reading this! Okay, if you have read it, then on to part 2! BTW, I don't know if there will be 3 or 4 parts to this yet.

4:00 PM

We played capture the flag for about 45 minutes. There was a group photo before we started, and we were deciding what the teams were.

FINAL TEAMS

Liam's and Alex's Cabin vs Danesh's and Sean's Cabin

This game was fun. There was lots of people running around and many people saving each other from jail. But there was limited capturing the flag because it was too hard with a couple people puppy-guarding both of the flags! I got caught 3 times but protected jail quite well. After about 20 minutes, no one scored a point for their team, so we changed the rules that if you run with the flag and get caught, you drop it, and another teammate can pick it up. Eventually, someone was bound to score, right? Well, it was still VERY hard to score. But after another 15 minutes, my teammate Jasper L. went Speedy Gonzales and got the flag from the opposing team. Therefore we got to eat dinner first. We were all very hungry to eat because of all the running.

5:00 PM

There was one more group talk that lasted for 45 minutes, then it was dinner time! We also got a special guest with us, and he was a friar. I liked him.

6:00 PM

For dinner, there was chicken, mashed/cooked potatoes, and you can add some gravy and melted cheese. The was a small cake tart with whipped cream on top on desert. I easily had the chicken and the cooked potato slices, and it was yummy. I regret not dipping it in the melted cheese, though. During dinner, my cabinmate Nico was joking that he was tired and wanted to sleep at 8:30 PM. But there was plenty of events left to go!

6:45 PM

We have the longest free time session, which lasted for about an hour. Most of my group played card games, like Bastard (which is Big 2 but a variation) and cheat. I correctly guessed the bastard (LOL Justin M) and won the game. I came second in cheat, as Liam won the game. Elsewhere, some people did some "funny stuff", and in the other cabins I heard there was lots of chatting and laughter.

7:45 PM

We had ANOTHER group talk, and since we finished early, I got time to take a shower. And WOW! The shower looked and was clean. It felt good to take a shower, and I felt energized for the next event.

8:15 PM

Back in the common room, we had to pick out a picture on the ground and it front of everyone, describe what it was, and how you relate to it. At first, when I got my picture, I was laughing with two friends (shoutouts to Ryan D. and Brendan L. [3x already!]) that my picture was funny, but I realized that it actually compared to me well. The picture was a man giving up his clothes and food to another man, who looked homeless, and the giver had his arm around the other man's back. That's me in a nutshell. I care about people, especially my friends. ^_^

9:00 PM

(Still in common room)

By then it was very dark outside. The leaders told us to relax and lay on the ground, while they put on some peaceful, sleepy, music. They had a slideshow of the night sky, and it felt amazing. I felt comfortable laying on the ground with friends, and I loved it.



9:30 PM

Since we finished early, we went back to our cabins and cleaned up, getting ready for bed. I personally went to the big cabin to snoop on some people, chatted with a few friends in the upstairs cabin, and talked basketball. At 10:00 PM, I went back to my cabin, read a book for a bit, said goodnight to my cabinmates, and rested on my bed. 

10:30 PM

The lights went out at 10:30 PM, but the fun was just starting. 



Part 3 up tomorrow, where we start off at 11:00 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want to, but no hate unless it is constructive criticism.