Tuesday, November 7, 2017

My Top 50 Favourite 70-80's Songs: #5-#4

(3 more blog entries, including this one, until this is over)

From here on out, these top 5 songs will have a small summary about why I love these songs so much. So here are numbers 5 and 4.


5. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In the Wall

I love this song. The guitar riff at the end is awesome, and the children singing the song is nice to hear. The beat and rhythm flows well, and I enjoy the music. It may be a shorter song than average, but it's still a classic song. Also, the lyrics had a meaning (school is bad!?). Fun fact: this song was banned in South Africa for a period of time. This track was released in 1982. 

4. Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise

Ah. This song. It is so touching, as the lyrics explain that there are many poor people around the world. The music overall and the piano in-between the chorus is very calm. Elsewhere, all of the instruments that were used sounded fantastic here. I only learned this song in the summer of 2016 while I was on vacation. This track was released in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want to, but no hate unless it is constructive criticism.